Teeth whitening can improve the appearance of your smile quickly and easily. Every person has a different tooth color, just like how our hair and skin colors are different. Some people have naturally whiter teeth than others.
It’s normal for our teeth to discolor over time, but they also get stained from factors such as:
- Drinking coffee, tea, colas or red wine
- Tobacco, both smoked and chewed
- Eating pigmented foods such as blueberries and cherries
- Plaque accumulation and tartar deposits
- Being treated with the tetracycline antibiotic as a child
- Ingesting too much fluoride while the teeth are still forming, which gives them a “mottled” look
- Trauma to the teeth may cause brown, gray or black discoloration
Reasons you may want to consider whitening your teeth include:
- You will look younger
- A great smile can boost your self-confidence
- Preparing for a special event such as a job interview or wedding
- Making a great first impression
- To simply reverse years of staining and yellowing that comes with aging
Whatever your reason for wanting whiter teeth, we can help you get your beautiful smile. There are different whitening techniques, so make sure to discuss them with Dr. Meri before you start any procedure. We offer Zoom! Whitening one hour treatment to make sure your smile is at its whitest without the long wait!